Fabis Austausch

22.8.08

Rügen

It is me again!
After I saw some of you in Pittsburgh and had a great time there, I decided that I should spend some of my free time to update my homepage. I haven’t written in a very long time and there were so many nice things I wanted to tell you about.

My last post was about Venice.
About three weeks after we came back from there I went to Rügen, an island in the Baltic Sea. It was a church trip my dad and his brother organize every year. It is always around four days long at the beginning of May and most of the times we go up North somewhere to the Baltic Sea.

But during that time I also started a big project in school. I had to write an essay about the hierarchy of the gorillas in our zoo. I had six weeks to do that. At first it was very interesting to go to the zoo so often and watch the gorillas and take notes. But when I was done with that and actually had to write everything down and thing about the structure and those things, I got bored easily and it wasn’t as much fun as in the beginning. But I am happy with the result, and overall it was a good experience.

But back to Rügen:
We left on the 27th of April. We left Hannover after my siblings and my cousins were done with school, because our dads were so nice to put it that way, so that we wouldn’t have to miss school that day. Then we were basically on the road the rest of the day, because we had a large bus that can’t go that fast, and you have to stop every once in a while, because except for our two families there are mostly older people going on that trip, and so you have to take a lot of breaks. Then we arrived pretty late at night, but we got a nice dinner in the hotel, because they had waited for us. The rooms were also very nice, our family and my uncles family had very nice small apartments.
During the following days there were a couple of trips we took.
We went on a walk where we had a really nice view on the beautiful chalk cliffs.
The next day we took a little boat to another little island close to Rügen, which is called Hiddensee. We went up to see the lighthouse, where you also had a beautiful view. Then we took a horse-drawn carriage through the three little villages of the island to see those and a little bit of the island. It was nice, especially since people there only use those carriages and bikes, because there are no cars on that island.
Also we went to see some other villages on Rügen, and we went to a really neat restaurant, where everything looked like you are in a submarine.
On the 2nd of May we then went back to Hannover.

After we came back four of my close friends had their 18th birthday, which is a huge thing here in Germany. So that was nice, because there were a lot of good parties during the next months.

And also in may there were two musicals in Hamburg that were about top end there, so they had cheaper tickets for the last month or so. And because they were both musicals we wanted to see we went to Hamburg on two Sundays to see them. The one was Mamma Mia, which was really great because of all the good Abba music. And it was really funny with good singers and actors. The other one was Dirty Dancing. It was a little different from the film, but it was good. Good singing and dancing, and I liked it, because I love the movie. The only thing that bothered me was, that because I know the movie you always had some kind of expectation for what is going to happen next. But I still liked it, and they did a really good job on it.

Those are the gorillas which I wrote the essay about. Of course i have hundreds of pictures, but this is a nice one to show, because most of them are on this picture.

A lighthouse on Rügen in the background.

The chalkcliffs on Rügen and the water.

My cousins and me with some woden bird, that was at the one spot when we walked on the chalk cliffs.

View of the chalk cliffs and the water. I think it is amazingly beautiful.

Some beautiful fields with a little chruch right in the middle of it.

My brother holding the chalk cliff, lol.

Me touching them and being white afterwards. :D

My cousins joking around.

My brother's feet gone in the sand.

The lighthouse on Hiddensee with the beautiful view.

My cousin and me with the horses of the carriage we rode with.

Just me on the boat from Hiddensee back to Rügen.

Beautful view.

Me with some sheep and the water in the background.

This was in a church I think.

Some deer that was close to this chruch. I just think it looks very funny on this picture.

A bath-house we drove by.

That was in a restaurant which on the inside looks like you are in a submarine. it was really cool.

Those were some ancient graves that you could see there.

Final picture back in Hannover: My cousins, brother, the busdriver and me.

My friends Dominica and Sophia in school on the day of their 18th birthday.

Sophia and Lena with some very yummi muffins on Lena's 18th birthday.

A sign for the Mamma Mia musical in Hamburg.

Lena and me on Dominica's 18th birthday party. It was outside and that day it was very cold, so we look like little dwarfs. ;)